Learning

Monday, November 26, 2007
#21 - Podcasts
Hello

Almost to the end of our journey together (did I hear a sigh of relief??), with the end in sight I look forward to exploring podcast.

To begin with, I have heard of but have not used podcast mainly due commercial radio and just general Internet usage. There are certain radio programs that you have been podcast, so if you don't have to miss it even if you are unable to listen at the time of the broadcast, it's almost like taping your favourite TV show to watch later.

I could not get the Yahoo! What is a podcast tutorial to work but it was interesting to see that we can search Yahoo! for audio, it should of been obvious that it was possible but I must admit I had never really thought about it before.

Podcast.net was very easy to use, but you (meaning that I did obviously!) could get sidetracked very easily (not as bad as Youtube however). The addition of a podcast to your bloglines account is simple, thankfully and I added a weight loss podcast to my bloglines account, called easy weight loss (they have hopes!). I did not like the podcastalley.com website, it was too busy and it was more complex to add an rss feed to your bloglines account. Ease of use is very important with new technology. Yahoo! Podcast would be a great way to find podcast as it looks simple and easy to use.

Well that was an interesting experience. I can see how podcasts can be useful. I do not really know how it would work in a library for the benefit of patrons and staff however.

That's it for now. Have a great day!

Megnjane
posted by megnjane @ Monday, November 26, 2007  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: megnjane
Home:
About Me: I am me, myself, my own person!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
  • link 1
  • link 2
  • link 3
  • link 4
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER