Learning

Monday, November 19, 2007
#19 Discovering Web 2.0 tools
Web 2.0 Tools! How do you choose just one?? I must admit, I could not choose one so I had a look at a couple and here are my thoughts on them.

PEERtrainer www.peertrainer.com ; fascinating concept, could be very useful and helpful to people wanting to loose weight/get fit and be healthy. It is free to join but it is an American site so everything in pounds and I am not sure if you will be able to find any Aussies on the site.

Judy's Book www.judysbook.com ; a place to find out bargain locations and vouchers. great idea but once again it is an American site so I could not find any vouchers for my local area :(

ThinkFree www.thinkfree.com/common/main.tfo ; an online alternative to Microsoft office. I had to have a look at this one after doing zoho for the last activity and I am impressed. I especially fancy the program that enables you to use your IPOD as a portable PowerPoint® Presentation Graphics System, that could be very handy and yet another use for your IPOD. This could be very useful in a library as it can give different options to staff and patrons. That is what I think the learning 2.0 has been about, showing staff different options for their own use and so they can pass on the information to patrons.

Biblio www.biblio.com can help you find out of print books. I enjoyed having a look and could be very useful in finding particular items for patrons that was not available in the library.

I really enjoyed today's activity, I hope you enjoyed it as well.
Thanks
Megnjane
posted by megnjane @ Monday, November 19, 2007  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: megnjane
Home:
About Me: I am me, myself, my own person!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
  • link 1
  • link 2
  • link 3
  • link 4
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER