Learning

Monday, November 12, 2007
16# - Wiki
Hello and welcome to the world of wiki. Before starting this topic, I knew about wikipedia and how anyone cad add or alter the information on the site but I did not know that there was people using wiki as a tool to gather information, exchange information and for social reasons (it has become a community hub).

SJCPL Subject Guides – a pathfinder wiki developed by the St. Joseph County Public Library system. Was interesting, I think it paid too much attention to giving information about local businesses rather than helping people find information. I did like the information about voting, I think we could use that (I know I could).
BookLoversWiki, Princeton Public Library excellent idea, great layout , needs more reviews (especially sci-fi and fantasy) this would be an excellent way of people communicating with each other without having to join book clubs or leave their house for that matter.
Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki, is a great tool that can be used for the library, especially with the examples and explanations to help guide the way.

I like the idea of having a wiki full of book reviews from library users and staff. It would be an entertaining way of choosing new books and authors. It could be also a way of finding out if there are people around with similar interests.
Also it could be used as a community notice board.

Well, I did learn something today, so that is enough for now.

Megnjane
posted by megnjane @ Monday, November 12, 2007  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: megnjane
Home:
About Me: I am me, myself, my own person!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
  • link 1
  • link 2
  • link 3
  • link 4
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER